Boys & Girls Clubs of Weld County is Looking for a Part Time Program Staff!
TITLE: Program Specialist – Part Time
Responsible for the planning and implementation of a broad range of programs within a designated Boys & Girls Club Core Area, such as Character & Leadership, Health & Life Skills, Education & Career Development, the Arts, and Sports, Fitness, & Recreation.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth for Success
- Assist with the administration of designated Core Programs and activities that support Youth Development Outcomes:
- Oversee the provision of day-to-day program activities in accordance with established standards and goals.
- Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area(s).
- Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members and staff.
Program Development and Implementation
- Assist the Unit Director and full-time Program Specialist to maintain Core Program goals and settings that insure the health and safety of members. Help to ensure program areas are safe, well ventilated and well lit; and that club equipment is maintained in good working condition.
- Complete proper record keeping and reporting in a timely manner for: program attendance, disciplinary records, program outcomes & measures, and all other reports designated by the Club.
- Supervise assigned groups as designated by the Unit Director or the full-time Program Specialist ensuring the safety of members and conduct is maintained.
- Help to oversee special programs and/or events (i.e. Keystone, Youth of the Year and Awards Programs), and/or participate in the implementation of other unit activities as necessary.
- Required to drive Club vehicles periodically.
- Generate, prepare, and ensure the completion of required reports as they pertain to Club programs, grant requirements, attendance and as assigned by supervisors.
- Required to work special events periodically as needed by the organization.
- Other Duties as assigned by Supervisors.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct, and advise/counsel.
- Have completed or are currently working to complete a two or four year degree in related field from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics.
- Demonstrated organizational, staff and project management abilities.
- Previous work experience with youth in an after school or summer enrichment program
- First-Aid and CPR Certified
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Valid Driver’s License and Commercial Driver’s License, and be insurable to drive all Club vehicles.